RESOLUTIONS OF THE 12TH DECEMBER 2020 ANNUAL GENERAL MEETING (AGM)
The Uganda Journalists Association (UJA) held Annual General Meeting (AGM) on 12th December
2020 at its head offices in Kawempe in Kampala City. During the sitting of the same meeting, the
following were resolved;
(a) Election of the new Executive Committee leadership which succeeded the previous Committee
under president Kazibwe Bashir Mbaziira.
The Executive Committee leaders include; Mathias Rukundo as president, Doreen Mwesigye
Ampumuza as vice president, Mahad Wasajja -organizing secretary, Emmanuel Kirunda- secretary
general, John Paul Ssebadduka- assistant secretary general, Moses Bayola- treasurer, Ronald Kabuye-
secretary for information, Daniel Mumbere- assistant secretary for information, Issa Kigongo-
secretary for external relations, Farouq Kasule- secretary for media safety and human rights, Abby
Ramadhan- secretary for production, Patrick Mugerwa- secretary for employment, Micheal Mutumba-
secretary for education and Rebecca Kyobutungi- secretary for women in media. However, election
for five positions; secretary for persons with disabilities, representative for central region,
representative for eastern region, representative for northern region and representative for western
region did not happen because no one had expressed interest in them.
(b) Adopted guidelines, rules and regulations to streamline the management of election as
approved by the executive committee on 21st September 2020.
- Any member wishes to contest on any leadership position must be a citizen of Uganda with
minimum qualification of a diploma in journalism or mass communication from a recognized
- Any member wishes to stand for any position must have been a full member for at least two
years to the AGM.
- Aspirant or candidate shall present his or her cv with 3 referees. One of referees shall be news
editor or producer or manager or any one serving in similar capacity.
- Candidate or aspirant shall meet payment of nomination fees as follows; president 400,000,
vice president 300,000/, secretary general 200 000, deputy secretary general 150 000,
treasurer 200,000 and 100,000 for other positions.
- Aspirant or candidate shall have un questionable integrity and moral standards.
- Any person whose actions grossly and persistently undermine or being contrary to the vision
and aspirations of UJA shall not qualify for any position.
- No candidate or aspirant with contempt, disregard or willful violation of the UJA leadership
shall qualify for any office.
- Office of the secretary general shall be in charge of the nomination or screening or vetting of
aspirants for various positions in consultation with the president. Polling shall be conducted by
the external returning officer.
(c) Adopted the status report of the association for the years 2018- 2020
By the office of Secretary General
JOHN PAUL SSEBADDUKA,
DEPUTY SECRETARY GENERAL, 2018- 2020.